Meet Dr. Mihalik
Colin Mihalik, D.D.S, M.S.
The Only Board Certified Orthodontist in Corpus Christi Texas
Dr. Colin Mihalik earned a Master’s degree in Orthodontics in 2002 and has been Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics since 2005. He recertified in 2010 and again in 2020. After only 3 years of opening his private office, Dr. Mihalik was voted one of the top orthodontists in Corpus Christi, which was published in The Bend’s Magazine, September 2021 issue.
Dr. Mihalik spent most of his younger years in Denver, Colorado. He attended Creighton University on an ROTC scholarship and was commissioned in the U.S. Army in 1986. Following four years of active duty as an Ordnance Officer, Dr. Mihalik began his dental career.
Dr. Mihalik has been practicing dentistry since 1994 and orthodontics since 2002. After graduating from the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School at San Antonio in 1994, Dr. Mihalik served in the United States Air Force. He completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency program (AEGD Residency) in Tucson AZ. He then practiced general dentistry for 4 years prior to being selected for a 3-year Orthodontic Residency at the University of North Carolina in 1999. After graduating with a Masters of Science in Orthodontics, he served as the chief Orthodontist at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany and Scott Air Force Base in Illinois before his final assignment as a clinical instructor at the Tri-service (Air Force, Army and Navy) Orthodontic Residency at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio. He has been assigned to seven Air Force bases throughout his dental and orthodontic career.
- Certificate in orthodontics and a Master’s degree in Orthodontics, 3-year orthodontic residency at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
- One-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Residency program at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson AZ
- Doctor of Dental Surgery UTHSCSA of San Antonio, TX
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE. B.S. in Mathematics
Honors and Awards/Publications
- Long-term follow-up of Class II adults treated with orthodontic camouflage: A comparison with orthognathic surgery outcomes. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. March 2003. Volume 123. Number 3. p266 to p278
- Colin A. Mihalik, DDS, MS, William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD, Ceib Phillips, PhD
Academic and Professional
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Senior Year Clinical Honors Bay program selectee
- Inducted into Dental Honor Society - Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
- Scholarship in Basic Science Award
- Achievement on the National Boards Part I and Part II Award
- Dean's list 3 years
- First Place Table Clinic at the Southwest Regional Student Research Meeting in 1994
- First place in the Dental Students Category for Table Clinics at the Texas Dental Association Meeting in 1994
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists Pre-doctoral Achievement Award
- Achievement Award from the American Equilibration Society